When childhood cancer and other life-threatening illnesses take families away from their home lives, it can be difficult for parents to make ends meet. During travel for treatment, moms and dads may be required to take unpaid time off from their jobs. Children are likely only packing essentials and are away from the comfort of their own belongings.
That’s where we come in. From financial assistance to end of life wishes to birthday gifts, the Chris Hope Foundation helps families who are in need after a pediatric illness disrupts normalcy in their lives.
There are many ways you can support our mission. Financial donations, event participation, and corporate sponsorships are just a few things that fuel our ability to serve even more people who need us most. During August 2022, we were able to:
- Pay three utility bills.
- Provide transportation to treatment.
- Pay rent for one family.
- Help with funeral expenses through the Le Bonheur Bereavement Program.
- Feed 15 families with a child in ICU care at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital as part of our CHF-sponsored food vouchers.
- Provide in patient kids with toys and games.
- Donate baby wipes.
- Take a child shopping as part of our Kid of the Month initiative.
- Give a special gift to a family during bereavement.
If you’re interested in supporting our mission, we invite you to visit our Give page for more information.